11/01/2014

A beautiful if quiet day at Ham Wall

Solo effort again today and a short one from feeling a bit under the weather. A beautiful January day with clear blue skies. Unfortunately the wild life seemed to have taken a break. Very little about of real interest. After a flurry of Red Wings in the Enchanted Wood I settled down at my favourite spot, Viewing point 2 at Ham Wall. A Great White Egret, a few Mute Swans, Dozen or so Teal, Tufted, Shoveller, Gadwal and Mallard Ducks. The excitement came with a Female Marsh Harrier popping up every now and then to have a look around. At one point she was harried by a Crow. The Shovellers where entertainment as they did their circular feeding dance. There was the added sight of a Kingfisher perched on a post as I left towards Glastonbury. It fluttered off before I could stop and snap it. I also took the chance to experiment with my new camera.


Marsh Harrier Harried by Crow

Artistic Pic

Another Artistic Pic
 

No comments:

Post a Comment