04/03/2014

Oh Deer!

Well James is certainly getting the A list stuff isn't he! What do I get? A few deer and a Hercules thats what. I had a sneaky half day so popped down to Shapwick and Ham Wall for an hour or so. Absolutely nothing was happening. One brief Marsh harrier, a few Bitterns calling, a few Pochards in the distance. That was it save for a brief flurry of excitement about a Grebe but it was just an adult in winter plumage. But on the way back I was stopped in my tracks by these delightful beauties at Shapwick across the water having and early evening nibble.

Roe Deer

 
Roe Deer

Then I saw who's Hareem it was...

Stagg Roe Deer

The most interesting thing in the air today? This.....

Lockheed C-130 Hercules

 I was out in the morning along the A303 and did see 4 Red Kites as I drove along. Should have took my gear and stopped in a layby!


No comments:

Post a Comment