24/10/2015

I'll get you next time gadget...


(CLICK ON A PIC AND IT WILL GO BIG)

The rain sloshed down this morning.  But it didn't stop me.  Like Dr Claw I was determined to get my target no matter what.

I took my mum along as well.  Her bright red coat would be an excellent distraction whilst I got that killer shot.

Before heading out I bought an extra GADGET (sorry).  Namely a blower.  In an attempt to get rid of the awful blotches which have developed on my pictures.  Sadly I have discovered that the cameras cleaning mode is no longer working.  This is a problem.  It needs to work in order to expose the sensor, which has got the dirt on it... Still I gave the mirror a good blow (oh er!) and hoped for the best.

First stop was Ham Wall.  My mother was keen to see a Marsh harrier so I kept my eyes peeled.  The only thing I saw however was Mr Lee Dutton (he can often be seen loitering in empty car parks).  After a quick catch up a Marsh harrier flew across the car park.  Sadly my mum was off looking at the demented otter sign over the road, so she missed it...

I noted the new buildings going up all over the place.   This swan was waiting to try out the visitor centre.

Ignoring health and safety, this swan should be wearing a hard hat and a high vis jacket


As the rain started to fall we took shelter in Noahs hide.  Then something odd happened.  The chap in the hide whipped out a scope which looked exactly like the one I sold a few months ago.  Same case, same dings in it.  The works.  I didn't ask, but I'm sure it was it.  Ebay, bringing people together in unexpected ways...

Anyway, Noahs was looking, a bit, grey.  But luckily this Marsh harrier livened it up a bit.

Mobbed by un adoring fans...

Under the hide there was a high pitched noise I knew so well.  The arch enemy had arrived...
It wouldn't sit still and flitted off down the channel.  Returning moments later to taunt me a bit before vanishing again.

Then, it appeared on a bull rush...

This photo looks even more blurred after 2 Cobra beers...

The little bugger flew right under the hide.  But was gone as soon as I even dared to raise my camera.  I was angry and frustrated.  I'll get you next time...

The rain started to blow into the hide and to avoid a drenching we headed off back to the car park.  
On the way a crow was attacking a much smaller bird.  Which turned out to be a very smart Sparrowhawk.

Sadly the dust monsters were still there.  Luckily a bit of software magic has removed some of it.  Along with a bit of hard blowing (ahem)
We had a bot of time to spare, so headed to Catcott.  However its an empty field at the moment so we went to Westhay, where we managed another Marsh harrier along with 2 Jays and a Green woodpecker.  
 Then right at the end the Kingfisher caught up with me again, zipping up and down a few times.  His piercing calling making my bones quiver with anger.  Like all good cartoon villains I was beaten but I will be back for more.  I'll get you next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment