03/08/2014

Thats not fare...

Today found me on the mendips searching for, well anything really!

I cheated and drove up to Ubley Warren (cycling it has nearly caused me death... It is seriously steep!)

I brandished my camera at a variety of small birds which were extremely flighty and wouldnt give me a look in.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IMAGE IS RUBBISH.  PLEASE LOOK AWAY IF IT OFFENDS YOU

Linnet? No idea...


Then something bigger.


These were swines to get.  So nervous and flitting all over the place.  About 15 in all.  Fieldfare I believe.  Don't think I have seen them this early before.

UPDATE: They are juvenile Mistle thrushes.  Never seen loads of them together before. Thanks to Julian for the correction :-)

Aside from this there were plenty of Goldfinches sitting on teasles.  Unfortunately I was quite incapable of getting a picture of them.  I was getting a little irate and mumbling to myself t this point.

At the pond I noticed a Swallow stopping point and got a few pictures before the clouds came in.




After all the difficulty of little fast birds I decided to try and get a macro.  Bumble Bees are a favourite of mine and this one was alright.


Sometimes insects play fare!


No comments:

Post a Comment